I’m in a situation with my wife. She has a degree in art (painting and drawing) and has been teaching art at a private Christian school for half a year. She has also been enrolled in a alt cert program for the better part of a year and a half. That being said it kind of was put on the back burner because she was at a private school and didn’t need it. That being said a job opened up at my public school and they are gonna offer her a job aslong as she has her SOE (statement of eligibility) from the alt cert company. She has passed her content test and is waiting to take her PPR. The issue is that the alt cert company is radio silence..we have called and emailed and left voicemails and we hear nothing just a message that says their hours are 7am-7pm m-f and to call back during business hours even though it is business hours. I’m not sure if they are going out of business or what’s happening but we are in a bit of a situation and I was wondering what she should do. Do you think calling TEA would help? Or should she maybe talk with another alt cert company?
Sorry I know it’s a long post I just was curious and thought y’all might be able to shed some light.